winter carnival and sponge fest

Hey, John - I love your idea of an endurance winter carnival! I say we
do it in Tunbridge(VT), where roving packs of snowmobiles rule (and pack
down nice trails while they're at it. Good riding! Our fairgrounds has a
1/4 mile track, packed down by the 'bilers and ready for SKIJORING! I've
always wanted to try it. A pair of skis, some kind of singletree and a
rider to steer - that's all it takes (helmet wouldn't be a bad idea,
either, and a horse that isn't afraid of being chased by a crazy skier
would help). Anybody out there ever tried it? I'm game.

Of course, it might be more fun to watch the sponging competition - the
last horse to turn into an ice-sculpture wins! Hmmm - what else - how
about a snow-sculpture competition?

Cheers to everyone - especially you, John. See you at the January thaw,
you crazy nut (I'll be the one NOT riding - a small matter of a job and
two small kids prevents serious Winter conditioning - sigh).

Chelle and Dy
Tunbridge, VT