lets move on from helmets

Jerald,

Pretty soon Steph is going to have to remind us all that helmets
are not supposed to be a topic.  I don't think too many of us
would support a mandatory helmet rule if AERC proposed it.  No one
has said there should be such a thing.  The occasional story of how
a helmet saved someones noggin is a good thing because it reminds
people like me, that have helmets and wear them sometimes that it
is a good idea to make a habit of always wearing them.  If a particular
RM wants to make helmets mandatory I do feel that should be their right,
people can and do choose which rides to attend. I think it would be just
as wrong for AERC to try to mandate to RM's that they can't have a helmet
rule as it would be to impose a mandatory helmet rule on everybody.

I do wonder if some of the non-helmet people are judging helmets by
old, clunky models.  My lid-locker is so light and comfortable that
I sometimes forget to take it off for quite a while after a ride.
Ans since I put a sun visor on it, it has become much easier to
remember to put it on, as I really feel the sun pounding on my
face when I forget it, it blocks our intense colorado sun so much better
than just a ball cap.

Teresa