Re: Mares vs. Geldings

I have to agree with all your points - BUT  I for one will never choose to
ride a mare again. MyI Dad, bless him, always put us girls on mares, and I
even rode them well into my adulthood.  I guess it was the combination of
my own bit#hiness  that clashed with they're's, I don't know.  But when I
started riding the dreaded stallion, I was amazed and delighted to say the
least.  Granted he was a sweety by nature and never gave me a moments
pause.  I always knew what I had.  Geldings were even better of course,
didn't have to worry about who was riding up on my tail, didn't have to
worry about him/her when I had to leave the campsite for a minute etc.
Nope I'll never willingly ride a mare again.
One interesting side note - Once on a Reg. Ch. ride CTR. one of my rivals
parked her mare (in heat) directly in front of my stallion at a PR check.
She peed of course.  It didn't work on him, (his mind was always on the job
at hand) thank goodness, but there are little tricks that can be employed
in this sex thing. <G> BTW, I beat the lady and won the CH. <s>
Jan proud owner of Tut El Sakkara - sire of HW Jeddi