Re: Helmuts for men, Linda F.

If you need a male to talk to your male friend about wearing a
helmut...then talk to my husband.  I am sure he would not mind telling
about his skull fracture, coma for weeks, intensive care for 2 mos. and
like Linda Flemmer, residual problems such as expressive aphasia since.
This was many years ago before helmuts but you can bet we wear our
helmuts now.

Myself also being an x nurse...(yes another lecture) One does not have
to be out to sustain a head injury.  Any dizziness, loss of memory,
visual problems, throwing up, sick to stomach etc. all indicate injury
to the brain.  Also about the cummulative effect.  Just listen to
carreer boxers talk.  They have had so many blows to the head, it has
definitely effected them.

Linda, just like you, my husband has the dickens of a time writting and
talking.  Has problems thinking and saying the right words.  Is that
what you have trouble with? It has never shown in your posts. That is
why I wrote his article in EN on LS Iceman.  He gets a concussion very
easily now and has to be very careful.  Linda

Linda Eisele & Sareei and
hubby, Allen & LS Iceman
& the young LS Lakota
nevadaghostridr@webtv.net