It CAN happen to YOU!

From: Diane Nelson
Email: safehavn@fast.net

Just last week a friend of mine was riding my horse, in the company of another mounted friend, through a suburban neighborhood when a small dog ran at the horse.  This alone did not cause alarm but when the owner (male) came out of his house screaming at the dog, both horses startled.  My horse slipped on a bank and started to go down, pitching my friend off his shoulder on the downside of the slight slope.  My horse then scrambled for his balance, kicking my friend in the back of the head and tromping on a shoulder.

My friend was out cold for some time, then woozily got up, only to plop back down again, asking "What happened?".  Help was summoned and she was taken to the hospital, x-rayed, etc.  It was some time before she was able to focus and understand what had happened.  The good news - she's fine.  A footprint on her shoulder and bad bruises but NO head injury, no headache.  The helmet was dented from the impact and will go back to the manufacturer as per standard practice.

We are all convinced that this helmet saved a life.  It happened so fast that no one could do anything to alter the situation.

There but for the grace....

Diane @ Safe Haven