Re: Unidentified subject!

HI Gay,
	I wore a helmet for the first time on my first endurance ride in March
1997 and have worn it on every ride since then.  I am more of a trail
rider than an endurance rider and had quite a few remarks made about
wearing a helmet on a trail ride.  I was the only one, then another
person and then 2 or 3 more.  On my last trail ride of 60 people, there
were 10 or 12 wearing helmets.  So as you can see, we are slowly
educating people everywhere about how important a helmet is.
	The more we brag and talk about our helmets, the more people will start
wearing them.
	I now prefer to wear my helmet rather than a ball cap or western hat.
It is more comfortable and I never have to get off my horse to pick it
up.  Now that the big visors can be added and the new polar fleece
covers for cold weather are available, a helmet makes more sense than
ever before.

Dee