Re: on using the delete key...

Michael K. Maul wrote:

> I believe we are getting way off topic with items like the Sears
> issue.  In addition - I agree with Joe.  Please make sure you
> don't send HTML mail.  even if the digest reader has an HTML
> aware mail reader - it does not work when the digest form is used.
>
> The mail shows up twice and the HTML form is 2-3X the size of
> the text message. look for places in your setup/preferences
> to check "use plain text editor to compose mail"  and in your
> addressbook - make sure that the entry for ridecamp "prefers
> to receive rich text(HTML) mail" is not checked.

I would also comment that the software used to produce Ridecamp
is getting woefully out of date.  Called "SmartList," when it
first came out it was state-of-the-art in its capabilities as
well as being very "lightweight" on the system that had to do
all the mail forwarding.

However, the gentleman who wrote it (the same guy who wrote procmail)
stopped working on it several years ago and there hasn't been a new
release in over 18 months, nor are any new releases planned.  18
months is a long time in the history of Internet mail software
capabilities.

The more modern listserve software packages properly handle things
like HTML and attachments in digests.

They don't, however, do anything about off-topic posts like
this one...

;-)

Linda B. Merims
lbm@ici.net