Protective Boots

Dear fellow Ridecampers,

I have a question I've been meaning to ask for awhile, for I was
somewhat confused at my last ride, and reading the rules didn't help
clarify anything.  It is my understanding (ie, my sister told me) that
while protective boots are allowed on endurance rides, if you choose to
put them on your horse, you cannot stand him for best condition.  Horses
were being presented who had gone with various boots.  Are they allowed?
 What about bell boots?  Easyboots?  Also, if you are using Easyboots as
extra protection instead of pads, do you put them on all four feet, or
just in front.  I had them just in front on my mare at our last ride,
but I'm still wondering if this is right.  They do get awfully slippery
when it is wet.

Thanks for educating me.

Anna