Carnival Time in Vermont!

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:43:06 -0500
From: "John B. Ayers" <ayers@plainfield.bypass.com>
To: "Angela C. McGhee" <rides2far@juno.com>
Angie!

Delighted that you will come to Vermont to
run our "Snow Spongin' Clinic" !!!!!

You fly in and out of Burlington,  VT and we'll
supply bed and board (with GRITS)!!  Even a HORSE if you
want to ride in VERDA's "January Thaw"  (25-mile
CTR on Jan. 23rd).  This might be TOO SLOW for
you??  Are you officially qualified to Judge?

Give us the dates you are available and we'll take it from
there!

John and Meshack (VT)
----

Angie-
	I know that John wants you to feel "at home" but on further
consideration........  I think it might be nice to let you experience
Vermont as it is!  Therefore, my hubby (aka Great Hunter)  with the help of
some of his friends (there are daily limits to taking game here!)  has
consented to provide meat for a game supper which is very popular up
here....  I also believe that I should warn you ahead of time that neoprene
gloves are handy for spongin' in January in these parts!  Let me know if
you will be needing to borrow a horse for the Thaw ride due to having to
start blanketing her now so you will be able to see a horse under that
mound of fur in January.  after more day dreaming, I think we ought to
invite that nice Karen from Gardnerville to do an Easy Boot Application
demo.  (There seems to be alot of us that no way no how can apply a boot in
25 minutes- to say nothing of 5 minutes.......  I want to see if icy
fingers expand the application time much.)  After Karen applies several
sets of boots, we can proceed on to the mounted festivities!

As for the lady who mentioned travel by snowmobiles...  (was that Liz?), we
don't have a problem with those anymore..........   Scooter jumped over one
in motion a few years ago and they pretty much make a "new trail" whenever
they see those brown spots headed their way!  (One was heard to remark that
he will be wearing a helmet from now on! )   I would have slowed down if I
could have heard it under the helmet and earmuffs I had on..........

Should be let the folks at VERDA know that we decided to expand the
activities on their January Thaw Ride?

Best,
Vickie