RE: quarter sheets

We have two nice wool quarter sheets we got as year end awards.  Since they
are not set up to roll and unroll easily, they are mostly useful for January
and February riding.  In competition I usually have my rump rug rolled until
I slow down.  Some people leave theirs unrolled all of the time during cold
days, but I have never found this to be necessary or desirable.  I believe
that unless it is really cold (say less than 10 F) a hard working horse does
need to have that extra cooling area.  My system must work for I have never
(knock on wood) had a rump cramp in the cold.

Ed Hauser
Sisu Farm
1140 37th St.
Hudson, WI 54016