Old Horse

This past weekend we rescued an older horse (mid 20's) who is about 400
lbs. under weight.  He is unable to chew hay (no molers).  I have him on
beet pulp, rolled oats, Equine Senior with I mix with some molasses and
warm water.  We live in souther Wisconsin so I am tring to put some
weight on him before it gets to cold.  We do have inside stalls so he
can get out of the bad weather.  I am hesitant to but him out with our
other horses since we have 2 'studdy' geldings.  Does anyone have any
suggestion on feed?  I can do a lot but since we have a lot of other
animals I do need to watch the budget.  (It seems we end up with a lot
of critters in need of a home.)