Send-off Party for our U.S. Team!

Hey y'all,

Several of the WEC U.S. riders/alternates/support team are going to be
at my place as a final gathering point just before they depart for Dubai
next Tuesday morning.  I'm in San Dimas, CA which is near Pomona in So
Cal.  Sharon, Darla, Ona and probably Wendy will all be here, and maybe
we can even drag in one of the Canadian team members.

Barb Thomas and I are hosting a send-off party/open house to wish them
all well and godspeed and let them know WE SUPPORT OUR TEAM!!!!

Everyone is invited to come by next Monday (Nov 16)  anytime between 5
and 10 p.m.  I'm making up a big vat of white chicken chili (for which I
am rightfully, justifiably and shamelessly famous), and we'll have out
some good bread, salad, sodas and later on a cake and mulled spiced wine
and cider and whatever other goodies I'm in the mood to make.

There's no "cost", but if anyone wants to help chip in a buck or two to
help offset the costs, it would be appreciated BUT NOT REQUIRED---LET'S
SHOW OUR TEAM THAT WE'RE BEHIND THEM ALL THE WAY!!!!  All I need is for
everyone just let me know if you're coming by so I have enough food for
everyone.  Anyone bringing up the subject about team selection without a
big smile on their face will be bludgeoned and fed to the dogs, frogs
and the squirrel.  My house is tiny and we may spread outside, so bring
a jacket!

Hope to see everyone there (hey, I don't actually put away laundry and
vacuum the for just *anyone*...)!

Directions to my house:

I am located more or less at the junction of the 210 and 57 freeways.

COMING NORTH ON THE 57:

Go north on the 57 past the 10 interchange.  After you pass Arrow Hwy
(don't get off here, just go past it), you will come to the 210/57
junction.  Stay in the right-hand lanes, where the signs say "30 to 66
Foothill Blvd.".  After this interchange, you will be heading east.  Get
off at the FIRST offramp, which is San Dimas Avenue/San Dimas.  Turn
left and under the freeway at the signal, go one short block and turn
right onto Baseline Road.  Go 2/10ths of a mile to the stop sign
(Walnut).  Go through the stop sign another 2/10ths of a mile.  My
address is 451 East Baseline Road, which is a small tan house on your
left that doesn't look like horse property.  Just past the house is a
dirt driveway, you can pull in here and park in back in the big field
(or on the street) and walk to the front of the house.

COMING EAST ON THE 210:

San Dimas is approximately 20 miles east of Pasadena.  Take the 210 East
past the 605 to Glendora.  After you pass Grand Avenue and Sunflower
Avenue, stay in the LEFT hand lanes, which will say "End of Freeway 3
miles".  Just past this interchange is San Dimas Avenue/San Dimas, get
off here.  Turn left under the freeway, go one short block and turn
right onto Baseline Road.  Go 2/10ths of a mile to the stop sign
(Walnut).  Go through the stop sign another 2/10ths of a mile.  My
address is 451 East Baseline Road, which is a small tan house on your
left that doesn't look like horse property.  Just past the house is a
dirt driveway, you can pull in here and park in back in the big field
(or on the street) and walk to the front of the house.

If you get lost or want to RSVP by phone, my number is 909-592-8442.