RE: Wintecs vs. Thorowgoods

Personally, I am really, really, fond of the synthetics.  Ultra light, easy
to clean, all-weather.  I have a Thorowgood all-purpose that I really like
and while it's gotten too small for me over the years (had it for 7 so far),
it fits my horses, a grade qtr-type (some wither) and an Arab (tending
towards muttony wither) nicely with just a different type of pad underneath.
No back pinching or shoulder pinching.  I would prefer it to be cut back a
little more, but it has been very durable.  The only "defects" it has now
are the cat claw marks from the weekend I left it uncovered in the tackroom
and it got used as a scratching post.

Thinking of getting either an Albion Modified Comfort dressage saddle or a
Trailmaster Australian saddle.  (Yes, I know, very different, but I like
each one)  Any opinions?

-tlp
"... and God sought to bestow upon man a supreme mark of his blessing, God
created the horse.  The horse could run faster than the deer, jump higher
than the goat, and endure longer than the wolf.  Man, being encompassed by
elements that sought to destroy him, would have been a slave, had the horse
not made him king."
http:\\mindspring.com\~nis75p06