Re: Fwd: trot versus gallop

December

An easy way to find out if your horse is more efficent at a trot or a gallop is to
use a hart moniter.  Beleave me there are some horses that are happier and more
effecent at a gallop than a trot.  I had a gelding that was much happier and more
efficent at a gallop than a trot.  One rule of thumb I have is the gallop must be
faster than the trot and the moniter must stay lower at the gallop.  Good luck I
hope this helps,

Corky Young
Byrds Valley Ranch, on the Tevis trail