40 weanling colts

Hello friends,
          Steph Teeter has kindly given me permission to post this to
ridecamp. Thank you, Steph.
         There was a post on ridecamp a day or two ago from the Arabian Horse
Rescue Network about the Canadian fellow with the 40 rescued weanling Arabian
colts available for the cost of transport and health papers. The colts are now
in Ontario, Canada.
        Some of my personal friends here in Southwestern Virginia are working
with me to try to find homes for at least 10 of these colts. We think we have
3 homes already. If  you are located near southwest Virginia and are
interested in getting one of these babies, please e-mail me or phone me at
(540 )345-1576. We understand that the cost will be approxmately $350 per
colt. See original post attached below.
<snip>
        They are well bred by stallions The Atticus, El Norus, Royal Jalliel,
qahtahn,
and EAI Dhark Tamaar.   Mares are Prince daughters, Ali daugthers, Ansata
daughters.  There is only one non-straight Egyptian.
Regards,
Beverly Schlegel in Blue Rdg Mts. of SWVA
                 P.S. If you want to call the people in Ontario, Canada
yourself,  the man's name is Kris, his wife's name is Brenda.
Phone number is: (519) 941-9248
Fax: (519) 941-0637.
            This morning 11/6/98 I spoke with their son who told me a little
about the situation. Kris and his wife have a huge Arabian operation of their
own. A neighboring farm with 500 Arabians has gone bankrupt. The weanlings
were about to be destroyed when Kris took them in the hopes that they could
find homes for them. There are about 250 weanlings all totaled, but Kris and
Brenda only have 40 of them. They are trying to save more if they can find
home for this batch of 40.
<snip - original post by Wendy Burk of Arabian Horse Rescue Network>
               40 Straight Egyptian colts.  At the bottom of the page are
email addresses to contact with regard to these little guys.  These colts are
not at the Arabian Horse Rescue Network.  One of our devoted benefactors has
asked that we mail this to you, and we are all in the rescue together...so
here is what she has to say.  Again, please contact the 2 email addresses at
the bottom of the page, not the AHRN for more information.
Sincerely,
Cindy Henry
AHRN
Please Help us Help these little guys!!!!!!!!!

40 weanling colts saved from the slaughter house!!!!!!!

40 purebred weanling colts (left over from the Cabreath/ Montebello Sale and
Farm closing)  were headed for an untimely end, when a gentleman convinced
them just to give them to him.  He now has 40 colts and is headed into the
winter in Canada.  He cannot realistically afford to keep these guys, and does
not want to end up sending them back to the killers.   All come with signed
breeding certificates for registration and are healthy.   He is only asking
for people to cover the cost of health papers and transport to the US.  We
figure it will be about $350.00.  He wants to bring them down in lots of 10-12
to a central location then disperse them.

A group of caring people are trying to save these guys.  After all it is not
their fault. We are accepting homes and donations of any amount to help these
guys.

They are well bred by stallions The Atticus, El Norus, Royal Jalliel, qahtahn,
and EAI Dhark Tamaar.   Mares are Prince daughters, Ali daugthers, Ansata
daughters.  There is only one non-straight Egyptian.

Please Help us help them......

Wendy Burk

Endurider@aol.com
or