Re: Easyboots - shock abosrbtion

Interesting thing this discussion about Easy Boots

Truman, your consideration of vibration; I think this might be somewhat true
for most gaits IF the horse is one that has high action where the foot is
landing directly on the ground. However, it has been my experience that most
efficient endurance horses do not waste effort in unduly high action (more
the other way) and even at a walk the hoof encounters a sliding action
during the landing process.

I believe this dissipates considerable shock and subsequent vibration. Yes,
I have heard all the expert farriers state the foot lands flat and does not
slide but then after questioning them individually they admit they are
thinking of horses in the show ring.

If you doubt my conjecture, have someone take a video of your horse and then
slow it down to a frame at a time.  You will also, if the video is of good
quality, find the hoof does not strike flat (in a properly shod hoof) but
most likely on the outside rear quarter and then rolls flat and breaks over
the outside front quarter. Videos must be of very good quality but if they
are you will be able to see this in most well conditioned endurance horses.

The degree of action on the outside quarters is very slight but it is there
and I feel that this serves, as I mentioned previously, to dissipate shock
and vibration.

Remember, the feral horse runs on quite rough and hard ground with minimal
problems.

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID