hobbles/corrals

From: Kristi
Email: iluvdez@yahoo.com

After almost 1000 NATRC miles and many nights of tieing my horse to the trailer, I'm going to try endurance and NOT tieing him! I can picture him running right through an electric corral fence, though, and would like to add a little more "control", so here's my probably unintelligent question. Can a horse wear hobbles overnight, or is that asking for trouble? Can he lay down while wearing them?? Also, which is the favorite endurance corral- electric or PVC? My husband cringes at the thought of hauling all those PVC poles to rides...suggestions?