Re: easyboots

>Does a set of easyboots only last you for a 100 mile race in your country?
 Do
>you use them for all of your conditioning rides on those rocky trails?
>
>Lynge Simoni
>West

Hi Lynge:

The boots usually last a lot longer than 100 miles!  Lots of people get
700-1000 miles out of them.  I can usually (easily) get 250 miles of
competition out of them - it depends upon the terrain and speed at which we
travel.  I gave Tracy Stampke (Tracy are you there?) the boots I used all
five days at LWT (250 miles) and they were in GREAT shape.

I condition without the boots. That way the horses feet remain tough and
used to going over rocks.  I will use them if the horse is unshod, or if I
just want to make sure everything is adjusted and fitting properly.  I've
come to the conclusion that if you waste a pair of easyboots on one ride,
you are really trashing your horse as well (I know that sounds awful, but
rides such as Tevis don't even come close to wearing out a pair of boots,
at least not on my horse).

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville