BioScan, chiropractic work, massage

>horses nor suggested that they need treatment.  I'm interested in knowing
>how many of you have massage and/or chiropractic work done on your horses.

Hi Marilyn:  I have a little experience with this.  I know nothing about
BioScan but I have had an equine chiropractor (vet) work on my guys.

>And do you use these as preventative measures or to treat a specific
>ailment?

I do it more as a tune-up.  Also, I feel that it lets me know if there are
any problems, if the horse is sore or experiencing pain anywhere and just
in general how he is feeling (i.e., are his joints working properly/is his
back tender anywhere/withers/hips, etc.)  I don't have this type of work
done on a regular basis, usually every 250 miles of competition which can
vary from a period of one month to several.

I believe the chiropractic to be beneficial.  I don't think it is
necessary, yet I can tell when we do arena work that it does make a
difference.  The stretching exercises we do on a daily basis seem to help a
great deal as well.

 Is massage helpful for a horse competing in endurance on a regular
>basis?

I'm sure it would be.  Just as it would be helpful to us riders! <G>  My
horse was fortunate enough to get a pre-ride and a post-ride Tevis massage.
 Which he thoroughly enjoyed, btw.  I did just recently purchase a good
book on the subject and have been practicing somewhat.  The horses both
love it.

Have a good time at the Donna Snyder-Smith clinic this weekend!

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville
& Dream Weaver, already bored with his vaction...can't we go for a ride
& Rocky....going to the next ride :)