Re: NO on Prop. 6

Right on, Heidi!     When I read the occasional "Yes on Prop. 6" letters
in newspapers listing the evils this proposition will allegedly cure,
it's all too obvious that the writers have never read the actual language
of this misguided measure.   Yes, there*are* evils conducted under the
guise of horse dealing, but this proposition fails miserably to address
those.    I guess the reason that I am so frustrated is that I am the
equestrian liaison to the public agencies in our County and have been
for over 20 years, and something like this does nothing to support the
honest and realistic approach that I have been working my b___ off to
achieve and maintain.  'Nuf sed, down from the soapbox!   Connie B.

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:37:27 EST CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 98-11-02 09:27:56 EST, trails@jps.net writes:
>
><< and unscrupless horse buyers that buy you critter and then drive to
>the
> auction. There have also been reports of horses dissapearing and just
>never
> being seen again. >>
>
>That's already illegal, and a pretty serious crime at that.  What
>makes anyone
>think that more legal verbiage will make it any different, especially
>something as flawed as California's Prop 6?  Better to spend your
>energy on
>better detection and enforcement.
>
>Heidi

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]