Re: Ride & Tie Advice

I have some ride and tie advice. Don't ride a mule. Thank you Maryben.
Did you know that Sandy and his mule were top ten at the EAsyBoot Sun
Valley Ride & Tie Championship in 1996? Who was his partner?

This last weekend at the Cuyamaca Ride & Tie Garret Ford was first place
with his partner from Idaho, Christof Shrank(sp?), and their horse won
best condition. (I am going to get into trouble because I can't remember
the horse's name, maybe we will find out if the Easyboot Co. lurks on
ridecamp.) I won't say who, with his bride to be, were second place on
Cowboy owned by Lon Clearwaters.

The 1999 Easyboot Ride & Tie Championship will be in Klammath Falls, OR
at the Running Y Ranch on July 10th. The Ride and Tie Association has a
new and permanent Race Director, Mary Ann Buxton. She will be
coordinating the race this year along with Tim Kerns from the Running Y.
No, this is not the last AERC Executive Director.

The Ride and Tie Association has acquired one of the entries to the
entire 2001 XP and will offer any of the "DAYS ON THE TRAIL" to anyone
who wants to ride & tie the day. It will only cost $25 per person. Some
horses will be provided. International enthusiasts are encouraged to try
a day. They should contact Mary Tiscornia, President at
http://www.rideandtie.org were one can find sanctioned events throughout
the U.S.

If Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid had one of their horses shot out
from under them in an escape, would they have rode and tode the Outlaw
Trail?   We'll see next year.

Steve Shaw