Endurance Prospect(s) - Decisions Based Upon Goals? "Thanks to All"

Dear RideCampers,

I'm overwhelmed with the "numerous" responses I received - both on line and
off - they were "tremendous!" Thank you all "so very much!" Due to the input
of some "very" knowledgeable riders and breeders of endurance horses; I have
better insight as to what direction to take when I get ready to purchase my
youngster/Classy's replacement. And speaking of replacement, I will be
calling on Heidi, Sandy and a few others very soon.

In the interim; I "think" Classy will be ok for LD/25 milers. Angie asked me
to clarify his "typeyness" because he could be what the experts consider
fragile. Here goes: Body - 14.2hh, short backed, rotund/well sprung ribs,
deep heart girth, large/deep chest, laid back shoulders, moderate withers,
croup slightly higher - approximately 1" - than the withers. His rear end is
proportioned to his overall look of "compact". His legs are long - almost as
long as my riding partner's horse which is 15hh - with a cannon
circumference of  front/ 6 & 3/4" and back/ 7 & 3/4". Neck - clean and
muscular. Head - short between the eyes and muzzle, pronounced curve in nose
w/knot between large expressive eyes, large jowls, tiny ears, and a teacup
muzzle with large flared nostrils. He was a stallion until age 6. Yes, he's
a sight to behold - and he knows it - he's a show stopper. He's Polish/Bask
and double bred Fadjur/CMK - close up - which makes for a pretty impressive
pedigree from what I am told. The owner I purchased him from was into
showing and worked for a high class stable based in Dallas, Texas. After
having seen several prospects; I was skeptical as to why she was selling
him. Quote; "He's outlived his usefullness as a stallion. They want larger,
taller, arabians these days. Also I will be travelling and showing for the
stable soon and won't have any time for him."

For the record; I am 5' 7" tall and weigh 155lbs. When you throw in
"english" tack and pommel/cantle packs, that would come to approximately
180lbs. he has to carry. In your expert opinion(s); if he's too fragile for
endurance and/or my weight; I know for a fact he would make someone -
lightweight to mediumweight person a fantastic horse for endurance and/or
trail. He loves to go. I've had him 23 months now and we've been a lot of
places together as well as conditioning at home for LD rides. He navigates
mountains extremely well. He camps out overnight on a picket line. He eats
and drinks well no matter where he is. He's also bomb proof. He resides with
us on 5 acres of land surrounded by suburbia, which means he is exposed to
all kinds of sights and noises. He's healthy and sound as a dollar.

Again, "many thanks" to all of you and a "special" thank you to those that
are considered experts in this field. I appreciate your input(s).

Ruth Abair and Classy in NE Texas (But mom, you're not going to trade me in
for a green weenie, are you?)

application/ms-tnef