Horses in Winter

Lynette, I found your post about horses surviving cold winters really
interesting.   Here in the San Francisco Bay Area we think finding 1/4
inch of ice in their water tubs real Cold, but I can see we are deluding
ourselves!  Like you,  I've never been one to blanket, and my horses have
shelters not stalls, believing that as close to nature as possible, is
best.   They'll happily stand in the rain as long as they are not
standing in mud, and we work very hard at keeping good drainage.
    My question is, how do you HUMANS survive?  I'd curl up and die in
your climate!   I was reared (lived 18 years) on an island 12 degrees 20'
 north of the equator, and I find the short, rainy, foggy days of January
a real strain on me.    If it weren't for the horses, I don't think I'd
poke my nose out of doors at all.     The saving grace of January is, of
course, that the days are getting LONGER.    I hope this winter is kind
to you and yours!    Cheers (;-), Connie B   (CA)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]