tevis trail

Equestrians.
We are in danger of California Parks and Recreation re-designating a
portion of the Western States Trail (Tevis Trail) to include multi-use.
(bikes).  There is a plan under development to add bikes from No Hands
Bridge to the section of trail that is commonly called the "Black Hole
Trail".  In addition, they plan to add a steel bridge 56 feet long, 6
feet wide to avoid the short decent into the 'waterfall section'.  The
plan is too large to explain here, and we do not want to be too
territorial, however man of us equestrians who live in the area feel the
inclusion of bicycles will add an unneeded danger to certain sections,
such as No Hands Bridge and the waterfall section of the trail.  If you
want more information you can write:
Parks and Recreation
P.O.Box 3266
Auburn, Ca 95604
and request a detail document or if you feel we have perhaps too many
bicycles on the trails already and want to preserve the Western States
Trail you can write a simple letter to Patricia Megason,  Director of
Parks and Recreation, 1416 9th Street, Sacramento, Ca 95614.  A simple
letter such as listed below can have a big effect on the completion this
project.
'I am an equestrian.
I strongly oppose the Mountain Quarry Railroad Project in its present
form.
It is unwanted, unsafe and wasteful of out tax dollars.'
Sign your name and address.
It was just a few years ago that citizens had to overcome bureaucracy
and prevent the complete closure of No Hands Bridge only to perhaps
loose it to users who could make it more dangerous.
The projected cost anticipated is over 1/4 million dollars.
Our only hope at this time is a mass of letters written as soon as
possible.
Thank You,
Charles Gabri
Chairman, Trails Committee