Re: WEG:Deep sand/High Humidity

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998 15:00:51 -0500, carl meyer
<carlmey@citrus.infi.net> wrote:

>Then if your right you can get 20 to 1 in Vegas or 10 to 1 from Meyer.
>That they will finish 1,2,3 and 4. I'll give you another bet that is
>that they won't beat the Australians at 10 to 1.Where do you think the
>Aussies train not at 7000ft.

This is just silly.  Everyone knows it is extremely unlikely that
*any* national team will finish 1,2,3,4.  And, of course, it is
unnecessary to finish 1,2,3,4 to win the Gold -- it's even unnecessary
to finish 1,2,3.

Of course, if you finish 1, 2, pull, pull, you're out of any kind of a
medal!

But hey, Carl, how much of my action will you take at 10 - 1 that the
U.S. team won't beat the Aussies?  I'm sure the Aussies have a good
team but at 10 - 1 you're making a fools bet.  I'm absolutely serious,
Carl -- I'll put up the money (if you will) with a mutually agreeable
third party.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net