Re: WEG:Deep sand/High Humidity

In a message dated 98-11-01 00:44:34 EST, katswig@deltanet.com writes:

<< And is the Encyclopaedia Britanica wrong when it describes the climate of
 UAE? (BTW:  _I_ don't describe average temperatures of 65 def F as "hot"
 either). >>

Hi, Kat--

The sorts of heat and humidity reports for Dubai's extremes in December also
sounded to me  like Oregon's Willamette Valley in the summer...  Have competed
over there in 90+ temps with 70+ humidity on occasion, and although it usually
is not that severe, it does happen.  Seems like the Dubai extremes for
December were 80's to 90's for temps, with 40-60 humidity or thereabouts?  Or
did I just dream numbers something like that???

Heidi