Re: Re To Tall Horse

In a message dated 10/30/98 1:56:37 PM EST, truman.prevatt@netsrq.com writes:

<<  believe there is some basic physics at play.  Taller people have
 longer legs which would lead one to believe that their resonant
 frequency of posting ( the frequency that requires the least energy so
 is the most comfortable) would be lower than a person with shorter
 legs.   >>

This may explain why there are horses that are just right for me. I am 5'8",
so not too short, but I like horses that usually are around 14.2. I post most
easily on a horse that is a bit choppy. I have a 14.0 mare that has a huge,
long stride and she beats me to death. She has an awesome, smooth western jog,
but I hate her extended trot. She does the floaty arab thing and I can't ride
it long. The choppy horses, you know, the ones no one wants, they are my
preference.
Leigh