Re: "WEG" (really WEC, but who worries about facts?)

In a message dated 98-10-30 20:11:44 EST, carlmey@citrus.infi.net writes:

<< I might stand corrected but you can get 10to 1 that they don't finish
 1,2,3,4 or as we say in the money.>>

That isn't the point.  The point is whether or not they can earn the TEAM
gold.

<< I will go back to the last race but I
 don't think that the western gals finished in the hunt last year.>>

Shirley Delsart won the gold medal last year at the Pan Am, in case you
forgot.  Darla was decisively in the lead but had a tragic accident at about
80 miles, after already covering the most demanding part of the course; her
horse has thankfully recovered completely and has been back to form all
season.  Ona was in the Top Ten.  Wendy is new to FEI competition--but that's
right, it is impossible for new blood to get onto the squad, according to the
detractors, so I guess her selection was an impossibility.

<< By the
 way they don't have to carry weight to still be LW's >>

Carl, read my posts!  These gals DON'T NEED to carry weight because they are
THAT BIG!  I know--I have known these women for a long time, and they
certainly are not obese, but they are strong, muscular, somewhat tall gals,
and muscle and bone aren't light!  They can ride very light tack and still
make weight and then some, because they are NOT, as you continually contend,
"flyweights!"

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I think the folks on ridecamp (not
to mention our outstanding squad members) deserve the facts, not just
detraction and supposition.

And back to the main point of this--BEST OF LUCK TO OUR SQUAD, AND LET'S GO
FOR THE GOLD!

Heidi