Re: Legal Remedies and Herbs

>To: CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com
>From: lyoness@castlenet.com (Joane White)
>Subject: Re: Legal Remedies and Herbs
>
>Hi Heidi,
>
>I agree that my approach does not solve the problem either but it opens the
door for efforts to better define what really needs to be banned.

>Certainly not all your veterinary treatments are harmful to fair
competition or negatively proformance altering.  I'm sure there are many
things you could recommend as a vet that would allow the horse to use his
natural ability better.

>What is "treatment" vs "advice"? As you point out, using Bute might help
the horse's condition and therefore not be harmful treatment but you would
not let him compete in that condition.  So isn't the issue the harmful
impact on the horse, not the treatment you select?