Re: Legal Remedies and Herbs

In a message dated 98-10-29 23:23:05 EST, lyoness@castlenet.com writes:

<< The Rule fails to define the problem--HARMFUL substances and
 practices--things that hurt our horses. >>

Drugs such as Bute, Banamine, etc., may in fact prevent a great deal of harm
in a horse that is injured or ill, and rarely would they "hurt" the horse.  So
am not so sure the above makes the point either.  I certainly have no
intention of harming horses when I treat them, and in most cases, I am able to
do them a great deal of good with drugs when they have problems.  That doesn't
mean that they should be out competing tomorrow, though.

Heidi Smith, DVM