Re: Horse Height

Hi Julia,
I think some people are too hung up on height here. Sure alot of the
good endurance horses are under 15 hh, but there are just as many tall
equines doing well. How tall was that mule that won the Haggins this
year?
I am a featherweight and ride a 16 hh full Arab gelding. He has terrific
ground covering gaits and is fun to ride.  My husband competes on a 15.2
hh Arab gelding. Both horses have 8+ inch cannons and I think that is
important. I must admit I wish my horse was shorter so he would be
easier to get back on out on the trail when I'm tired, but I am in the
habit of looking for natural "mounting blocks" out there!  If you like
your horse and he seems to have the talent don't let anyone tell you
he's too tall.
Mia