children at rides

From: Becky Harris
Email: bbh@ohio.net

After reading the post about children at rides I had to put in my two cents.  I have three little boys, the oldest is eight the youngsters are five.  I have taken them to rides, the experience was fine.  Most people encourage the "family atmosphere", I think that it has to do with you, and how comfortable it is for you.
  It is a lot of work to take children along, and it's a lot of work to leave them at home.  I find that the children enjoy being at the rides but it is very stressful for me.  I was at a ride with my boys and had pleanty of adult supervision,  each hold the adults were telling on the boys.  It was streesful for me!!  I was trying to ride 100 miles and worried about what they were doing.
 One ride a year with the children is pleanty for me, for now.  I enjoy doing endurance rides, being alone and getting some time to myself.  Most people are very helpful and friendly to children and for those of you out there who know mine - I appreciate it.  Choose rides that are in areas where the children can do other things and where you can park away from others.  At least that's what we try to do!  Good luck, as we know children are the future.... I hope my guys want to ride endurance some day!        Becky