Re: WEC (long)

Thank you, Wendy, for your post from the rider's perspective.  Your experience
with the selection process is exactly what I have heard time and time again
from riders in my area, and what I have observed over the years from various
positions in the FEI game.  I can still remember the very first World
Championship when I got a call as an AERC Regional Director asking me to pick
anyone from my region who I thought would be able to compete at a world level
and willing to go.  I did some arm-twisting and got Darla Westlake and
Jennifer Horsman to go.  Boy, we've come a long way since then!  We have a
great squad, a great bunch of alternates, and I hope folks will get behind all
of you and wish you the best as you Go For The GOLD!

See you in Dubai!

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)