Re: NW Ride Insurance

Thank you very much for working so hard on this and other issues.  You're
right--the Board has to deal with making tough decisions wherein one or the
other party will be disappointed by the result. That sticky kind of work is
much appreciated by the vast majority of riders (many of us who are not up
to such a frustrating though important job...).
I too am tired of people threatening "lawsuit" as a big hammer to scare
people with.  We can't get rid of the litigiousness in our culture if we
continue using these tactics.  No one in their right mind is going to hold
a ride manager liable for allowing a horse entry. One more time--all horses
have the potential to kick.  I had the gentlest mare alive who got upset at
an older mare(28), cornered her somehow in the very wide-open run in
shelter, and kicked her TO DEATH.  The younger mare had/has not
demonstrated aggression toward other horses before or since (in 6 years).
The owner of the deceased horse was amazing.  She felt that we would never
know how the altercation began and that it was not a human issue--that no
one, me or my horse, was to blame. I so respected her response and hope I
will behave similarly when/if the tables are ever turned. mkk