Pawnee Grasslands II

Best Rookie Ride Manager of the Year - Lisa Ashbach!

Lisa did an absolutely fantastic job taking over the Pawnee
Grasslands II ride previously managed by Brad Patterson.  I am sure
Brad was a big help to Lisa and can share in this success.

Lisa is now very popular with volunteers and vets especially.  Why?
Well let us say the weather was less than perfect - a whole lot less!
Cold, rain (no snow at least) and the usual prairie wind. The sun
didn't come out until the last couple hours of the 50 mile ride.
But we did not have to huddle in our respective vehicles exiting only
and begrudgingly to P&R horses.  Lisa had erected a large tent.  And
she had propane heaters.  It was fantastic.  Not only did we ward off
frost bite, but it provided a great gathering place and a place to
eat.  This made for a very social ride.  Sure was nice to have a dry,
windless place to do registration.  And one of the heaters was
strategically placed behind the registration desk.  Hmmm.  Now I
wonder who thought of that?

29 brave souls showed up to ride 15, 30 or 50 miles.  A few more
would have made it if their trailer hadn't broken down.  To all you
sissies <g> who chickened out - you missed a great time!

I will leave it too Lisa to post ride results (cuz I don't know) and
some riders to tell you what it was like out on the trail.  But from
what I saw of the action, everyone had a agreat time!

Congratulations, Lisa!

Linnea - ride secretary,etc.