[Fwd: itchy problems tumors?]

---- Begin included message ----
I have a 2 1/2 year old colt that had a long , thick mane . We went on
vacation for a week and when we got back he had no mane. The colt had
rubbed it off.  I gave him a good bath and really scrubbed his mane
because it was scaley. I tried different things I had at the barn but
nothing stopped the itching. Then I saw a place on his foreleg that had
no hair and was scaley. While I was looking at his leg I saw his belly.
No hair and scales. What do I do? Take him to the vet?  Then I
remembered something I tried on my dog two years ago when he was scaley
and itchey. It worked for him so why not try it?.
I mixed up some Lysol ,a little on the strong side. I gave him a bath
first then sprayed these places with Lysol rubbed it in good then rinsed
lightly . I did this for two days then I sprayed the places with Blue
Lotion for four days. He wasn't rubbing , the had itching stopped. In a
week the scales were gone and hair was growing back. Three weeks later
most of his hair is back. I'm sure it was a fungus and the Lysol stopped
it.
It worked for Tique and my dog Mouser. Maybe it will work someone else.

I have a question.  Can anyone help me?

This same bay colt has a small tumor about the size of a dime on his
stifle. The vet said the cure  was very painful and was worse than the
tumor. He did not want to take it off unless it started growing. The
colt has had it since he was 1 year old and it has not grown any. I have
a full sister to this colt . She is 1 1/2 years.  I have found two
tumors on her, on her belly back behind the girth area and on her
withers. This one will be under the saddle. They are smaller than a dime
. I also have a yearling colt full brother to these two. I have not
found any on him as of now. I own both stallion and mare.

My question is ... Are these related somehow , bloodline ,virus or
something???  Will my other colt get tumors also???  Is there any thing
I can do?

Dolly ,   Tx.

---- End included message ----