NW Insurance

I can just see it now, a problem horse shows up at a ride. Somebody gets
kicked and the insurance company torture chamber is set up for the suspect
ride manager... So now? Will you admit you knew that horse was dangerous?
Come on!! Admit it!!! (the thumb screws tighten)  Ins Co: We have witnesses
that say you knew that horse was a kicker !!! Admit you knew! (2 more turns
of the screws) Don't you know that if you have ever knowingly allowed
problem horses to enter your ride, we won't cover you???  The RM can't take
the pain any more and cries: OK OK - we let all kinds of people enter
horses that might be a problem in our rides!!  But they have to put a
ribbon in their tails to tell us who they are!!
INS CO:  Aha!! So you DID know! NO insurance coverage for you...

My tongue is planted firmly in cheek, but this is the impression I can't
help but be left with after the discussion of this so far.  In reality, if
RMs had to guarantee there would be no problem horses at their rides, there
would be no insurance coverage for ANY rides would there? By observing that
ribboned tail, they are knowingly permitting potential problem horses.
Brenda

>> Out of curiosity I would like to see a copy of this Insurance Notice to
 the Ride Managers you refer to in the attached post you sent to ridecamp.
  As you may know, the Board received reams of material to review in this
 Appeal, but nowhere do I recall seeing any notice to the Ride Managers
 from their Insurance Carriers stating they would not be covered.

 Randy Eiland >>

Randy, talk to the Washington ride managers themselves.  They are the ones who
have discussed it with me, and they are the ones who have researched the
problem.

In a message dated 98-10-15 00:16:43 EDT, kraussberner@WorldNet.ATT.Net