Re: IRS REQUIRED AMENDMENT

In a message dated 98-10-15 13:45:07 EDT, renegade12@juno.com writes:

<< The attached post is from Richard Maxwell, Chairman of the AERC Legal
 Committee.

 I asked Richard to comment on the IRS requirements that our membership
 must approve to allow AERC to continue to function as a 501(c)(3) Federal
 Tax Exempt corporation.  I was surprised that some people questioned
 these additions, since we are already a 501(c)(3) organization and this
 seemed like a "no brainer", but since a few people had questions, I hope
 this will help clear the air.  >>

Thank you, Randy, this is the sort of "homework" we were looking for.  We were
not questioning the rightness or wrongness, but more that it appeared that no
one was "on our side" assuring us that this is really a necessary change, not
just something that some bureaucrat is demanding.  Unfortunately, our Federal
Government does not always have a good record for giving the correct advice,
and we just want to make sure we are doing the right thing here.

Heidi