hair loss

Hi everyone!  Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.  I've been riding my Morgan gelding on acouple 50's and a 35 LD rides this season, and am using a Marciante saddle with a Skito pad.  Just recently he is getting bald patch on the right side of his withers about the length of my hand, but narrower.  The saddle seems to fit well, as when I take off the saddle, there is no dry spots.  Any ideas?  What should I put on the bare spot?  Thanks for your help!