Re: Tying up or ?????

  First loop was 14 miles, no problems.  Second loop she quit on me about half
way thru.  At the time, i put it down to 'running out of gas'.
  She didn't want to move, so we only went about 1/4 mile in 15 minutes.
Finally about 7 horses came trotting up behind us, and she seemed to perk up.
I got back on and off she trotted.

>the only experience I've had with tying up, the horse quit completely and
postured like he needed to urinate. Could not get more than a few steps out of
him.

 The only other symptoms i noticed, were a thin whitish discharge coming
 out her nose (only when she was working hard, not present back at
 camp),  and she kept hanging her head down really low while trotting and
 cantering,

>This I think is OK, many horses have thin white foamy discharge when working.

  Took her out on Sunday, walked first 1/2 mile, then started trotting.
  Mostly trotted and walked a little for next 3 miles did some cantering.
Almost gone 4 miles and she quit. She had slowed down to a walk and then
stopped.
.....  and tried to hand walk her.  Stop, walk, stop, walk,
 stop, walk.

>This is typical of tying up

First she was walking very slowly, and then after a while,
 she was normal again.
 I let her trot for about 1/2 mile and then walked
 her the rest of the way to the barn.

> It is not typical for a tying up horse to trot, no matter if you whipped
them!

 I talked to my vet today, and he is going to do a full blood panel on
 her and check her over.

 >A blood panel will tell you if she tyed up without question.

Now, my basic opinion: Don't know what you are dealing with,but it does not
sound like tying up to me. Putting the head down can be a sign that she feels
the need for more air. Do allow her to do this, but I wonder why she would
need more air on such a short jaunt. ???? This deserves some investigation,
keep us informed.
Leigh Preddy SE