More problems

remember the post on "rescuing horses"
well got some more questions.

Sorry to keep bothering everyone with this
but I have never dealt with horses that are
in such poor health. It has been an experience.
Well we took the horses to the vet to have
them gelded today and to have their feet trimmed
so they were sedated twice. A couple of hours after we got them
home one of the horses, Apache, started to bleed.
Along with the bleeding there is a lot of pawing.
Then the pawing and the bleeding will stop and
he will brighten up and eat a little bit. Then he
will stand with his head dropped down, then
the pawing and then the bleeding. It will bleed
like a pin hole and it will be steady. Then it
will stop. It is like a cycle. I have called and asked
the vet about this and he is puzzled by the behavior.
We live 40 miles from the vet and we do not want
to stress the horse even more by an hour trailer ride
and will hope if we keep him quiet that the hole will
clot up and the bleeding will stop for good. Does
anyone have any idea about what is going on?

THanks everyone with your patience on this, but
I really like this horse, this poor horse wants so
much to trust someone, if you stand still by him
he will smell you and snuggle, but if you try to
reach for him, he gets scared. He just can't
overcome his fear to trust. He deserves the chance
to become the great horse he was meant to be.

Lynette Helgeson