Re: Liberty Run

6th place 100 was Vanissa Swain on Granite (Eltekon Canidate) who happens to
be for sale.
This was my first time at Liberty Run, and my first ride alone. I tried to
wimp out all week and stay home. My new ridecamp friend Rae Bolton talked me
into coming and kept on talking me into coming. Without her, I'm sure I would
have turned "Weenie". I'm very glad I went. This is a great ride. The RM did a
great job, the trails were fast and fun! My mare, who is in a constant state
of PMS, did great on her own. I've never ridden her alone at a ride and have
ridden only rarely alone at home. She was acually better alone!  I really had
a great time, met several more ridecampers which was a treat. Another
first.....many ponies in this ride. As a breeder of welsh ponies, I always
notice the littlest ones in our sport. Was happy to see several. Of course,
Comet was there, this time with another pony riding buddy. A beautiful
Connamara Buckskin stallion that was a perfect gentleman. A gorgeous POA
gelding that did a great job on the 25. There was also a small child on a
little chestnut pony, cute as could be. I was in pony heaven!

Many thanks to Rae, her hubby and friends, Rod, Ginni, James, and Buddy for
their companionship and help on my first long distance haul and ride alone.

Leigh Preddy SE