Gold Country ride

Poor Nick, I was there too and got about drowned by the branches.  However, I live up here and know what happened.  When the trail was marked it was very dry.  Then in the middle of the night it began to get very misty and wet.  By morning, all the trees were full of water and the branches of the pines dropped waaaaay down.  As soon as it dried off, the branches would have gone back up but, by then, the ride was over!  Oh well, at least it kept us awake!

This was not the fault of the club!  They marked that trail to death, starting the week before (I know because I saw them out there doin' it).  They went ahead of the riders re-marking the parts where the ribbons had been pulled.  It was beyond their control that God chose to lower the branches!  Lets give credit where credit's due.  These folks did a great job!

Ann Blankenship (still slogging along on the 30, wet but undaunted...)  But standing in the vet line really did suck.....