Selenium & Vit E

Hi Trish,
Since your followup post indicated you are in BC, I might be able to help
you on the form of Vit E to use and where to get it.  I've been
supplementing Se through Buckerfields horse mineral mix, and yes, it has no
Vit E. So I called Unifeed in Armstrong, and was able to get bulk Vit E
that is very concentrated. It's like a flaky powder that mixes well with
the other minerals. And it's CHEAP - for under $10 I supplemented 2
endurance horses all summer. If you have a Unifeed in Prince George you
should be able to get it.

Now your question about the optimal amount to feed (6-8 mg of Se in
deficient areas, and ??? IU of Vit E?) is a good one that I have been
trying to get answered. Maybe one of the vets out there (Heidi) can help?

Brenda (& Stormin Norm & Rocco)