Re: Trailering

Kathie, You really need to consider how your horse hauls. If you have a
2 horse bumper pull, a 1000 lb horse that's moving around a lot can
really start your trailer whipping. Not a good idea when being passed by
a semi for instance. The dividers can prevent a horse from being thrown
around as much if you have to brake unexpectically, too. I think it's
still better to stop & unload on that long of a haul.
Nancy Mitts
CIW Trailers
Missouri
>From: Kathie_Duggan@dta.state.ma.us
>Subject: Trailering
>To: ridecamp@endurance.net
 > I have to trailer my horse to a ride in a few weeks which is at least
>     8 hours away.  A friend of mine suggested that I take the
partition
>     out of my two horse trailer and let the horse loose in there
turning
>     it into something like a stock trailer.  She said that way I
really
>     won't have to stop, and it's better on his legs.  She said that
friend
>     of hers does it all the time.  Has anybody done this before?
   Kathie Duggan & Brios