Help my injured filly

Thanks to all the wonderful folks that replied with ideas to help.
The first response was Melanie from AZ, who said exactly what I knew had to
be done. GET THE VET OVER THERE! I called him right away and there is a
happy ending:
We managed to corner her in a 3 sided shelter, get a halter on her and
tranq her.  After much probing, the vet found her sole had abscessed. He
drained alot of fluid out and she is now standing on 4 legs. The prospects
are good.

I will now begin to implement some of the suggestions for halter training
her RIGHT AWAY!

Thanks guys.
Brenda (& Allie - AHH that feels better - why am I so sleeeeeepy?)

>>Advice needed Ridecampers:
My yearling filly is 3-legged lame on her right front leg. Some swelling in
the lower leg; happened in the pasture.  Problem is she is not halter broke
as she has been timid around people since day 1. (I know, I know - she
should have been haltered by now!! I HAVE tried...yadayada). I would really
like to have the vet look at it but she won't be caught.
I wanted to give her some bute to reduce the pain and inflammation and have
tried mixing the powder with oats/molasses/apples. She won't eat it. She
says that stuff's bitter, I'd rather eat grass.  I now have her in a corral
by herself next to her buddies. I have the "bitter mix" in with her in
hopes that she'll go for it.
What else can/should I do? Would appreciate your experience and advice.
Brenda (& Allie with the owie)>>>