"Been There, Done That".....

Dear Editor,
    The input to the October 1998 edition of "Endurance news" provided by Mrs.
Julie Suhr (and Bob) was the most worthwhile reading I've seen in the magazine
for some time.
    She said more in those fourteen paragraphs than I've seen written in some
time.
    What a fine idea, getting someone who really knows how to share a trail,
ride it and "earn" that "true ride award" waiting at the finish...a true love
of the effort and success that goes into preparing, doing, sharing and looking
forward to the next one.  Endurance IS about "enduring"...grace and class
while trying is a goal we can all aspire to.
    She stated, "Both my 10th and 20th Tevis Cup buckles were EARNED FOR ME BY
HORSES" (emphasis mine.)  What a marvelous statement!  In five short words she
encapsulated so much.
    As Randy Eiland said, "AERC is on a growth spurt...".  True, but the
single horse/rider team is a big as it ever needs to get.
    Mrs. Suhr's input was a pleasure, as she spoke about horses and riders.  I
could stand more articles of that nature and less about the organizational
mechanics required to assuage members' concerns in regards to (AERC)income and
awards.
    The cover (Oct.'98) was spectacular!

                                                                ---Frank
Solano