warts

Hello all....
My question is about warts on a horses nose, a friend at my barn's horse has
warts that started on his nose in the nares opening...then spread to the
otherside, now the are spreading under his chin and up his face....and now he
has one on his leg...her vet said to let them run their course  but they are
getting much worse any help would be appreciated...
Thanks
DEE   (prof. lurker)