Re: Straight Egyptian lines

Lynette Helgeson wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I just got back from a friends place, Smestad Black Arabians.
> She has top quality Arabs and she has started a nice program
> of  black and white Pinto with high percentage Arab. So I
> went their to look at a black and white colt that she has and
> I could not keep my eyes off of another colt in the pen. It looked
> like a black with just a star on the forehead but it had a brown
> nose, so it was not a true black, but it had a beautiful head, put
> together well and when he ran he looked like he was floating.
> Susan noticed me watching him and she told me he was a straight
> Egyptian. Now I do not know much about straight egyptian bloodlines
> but she offered the colt to me for $800 and I really like the looks of him.
> I remember some talk about egyptian and endurance and I was wondering
> if anyone could tell me about his bloodlines and how straight egyptians do
> in endurance. The sire is Halim El Kateef and he is out a Nazeer son,
> Ansata Ibn Halima, and Halim El Kateef's dam if a Morific daughter Kateefa.
> On the bottom side the dam is Ruala Mahrissa and she is out of a Ansata
> Abbas Pasha  son, Serhaddas, and Ruala Mahrissa's dam is a Mahrouf
> daughter, Mah Haretta. He's Straight Egyptian, Al Khamsa and Blue List
> in pedigree. So what do you guys think, are these the bloodlines that help
> to make a good endurance prospect?
>
> Let me know what you think.
> Thanks
> Lynette

Hi Lynette,

BUY HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! We had a straight egyptian black gelding and he
was wonderful 15'2 hands and 1050 pounds in peak condition. I would
not hesitate to buy or ride a straight egyptian. Let me know if you
don't want him I might want him, depending on where you are. I am in
New Mexico. If you want to know his bloodlines let me know.

Gail Kinter
Southwest Region
Silver City, NM