Re: stallions in endurance ?

Can stallions do endurance you bet they can!  I have a now 18 year old stallion named Gandhy Dancer. When he was an 8 year old He had been a show horse for 7 years mostly showing in working cow horse, stock horse hunter pleasure and halter as a youngster.  Endurance was my first love and at the end of the
show season I decided to take him to the pony express ride.  I conditioned him on the trail for 6 weeks and off we went I road him the first and last day and he had a hart that wouldn't quit.  Unfortunately the following summer he had an entrolith that was  removed and I choose not to put the stress of
endurance rinding on him any further. The one thing to consider if you are going to ride a stallion is his pedigree,  is this a horse whose blood you and others will want to carry on.  To ride a stallion you must consider many things, it is hard to ride and breed a stallion at the same time.  Many good
stallions make great geldings.  Think hard before putting the time and energy into keeping, promoting and breeding your endurance stallion.

Corky Young
Byrds Valley Ranch, on the Tevis Trail